- The food is culturally appropriate and the population is accustomed to and enjoys the taste
- It is more cost effective than international shipping. In many instances, the cost of shipping and transport surpasses the value of the food product.
- Eradicates other costly considerations including import tax, clearance fees and the risk of loss or theft of shipments, to name a few.
- Creates stable markets for local farmers .
- Improves government support for the work of the organization and the vital, ongoing programs.
- Ensures an effective and efficient distribution cycle.
The benefits of local procurement:
- Improves and strengthens the market for local farmers
- Creates new job opportunities in the country
- Brings food quickly and directly to the communities and partners with whom we work